Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Life of the Imagintion

If the best of all possible worlds were reality, I would have all the energy in the world.
If the best of all possible worlds were reality, I would be able to afford to live alone.
If the best of all possible worlds were reality, I would love limitlessly.
If the best of all possible worlds were reality, writing and creativity would be effortless.
If the best of all possible worlds were reality, exercising and eating well would be easy.
If the best of all possible worlds were reality, anxiety wouldn't be a problem.
If the best of all possible worlds were reality, troubles wouldn't be so much troubles but small obstacles.
If the best of all possible worlds were reality, I wouldn't have to face depression on a daily basis.
If the best of all possible worlds were reality, fear wouldn't stop me.
If the best of all possible worlds were reality, I could write, socialize, do therapy, and walk dogs for a living.

Ten things I would do if the best of all possible worlds were a reality. Ten things I can work towards changing now.

The prompt suggests writing these as quickly as possible - I struggled with this. What would I want if I could change things? It's such a big question that I had to take pause, I had to think to myself, what can I change? There are things that are much bigger than me that I would love to change, the economy, other people, schizophrenia, those aren't within my capacity to change with baby steps on a daily basis. Learning to love limitlessly is.

So I'll start with these ten things...

No comments:

Post a Comment