Friday, October 21, 2011

Morning pages

This is my first attempt at writing first thing in the morning. I could have waited until I got to work, but I decided to wake up early, put on my full spectrum light, and get to it. I think mornings are the most difficult time for me. I never want to get out of bed. I have trouble motivating myself. I typically find that in the mornings I am incredibly negative and my thoughts race about things I never really needed to be thinking about in the first place.

Its usually when I am walking the dog in the morning that I find that I am able to slow my thoughts and give myself a reality check. Its a struggle every day to get myself to be more positive and not let my negative thoughts consume me.

I run a CBT group every Thursday and I mainly subscribe to a CBT way of practice with my own clients. I suppose it is a good thing that I actively use the skills in my own life.

I shouldn't complain about the fact that I need to motivate myself every morning and that I hate to get out of bed. I'm not a morning person, I never have been. I know that I have slept for eight hours the night before and that is plenty for me. I guess I just associate being tired with being depressed.

How its 620 already is beyond me. Time flies when I'm busy doing things other than watching the clock. Time to get a move on with the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment