Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Artist's Way

I mentioned months ago that I would be reading a book called The Sound of Paper. I started that in an effort to get myself to write more frequently. Of course, I abandoned that book and stopped writing, almost entirely. So I am trying again, this time with The Artist's Way. It is by the same author and this book preceded The Sound of Paper. So, again, I'm giving it a shot.

This time, I'm writing a contract with myself. I will do this. I will commit to twelve weeks of writing every morning and reading the lessons and completing the projects. I will document everything that I do here. My morning writings will be gibberish, negative, and probably silly. But I will still do them as a way to clear my head and start my day with less junk rattling around in my brain. Maybe I will learn to think more positively, less judgmentally, and let go more often.

It's worth a shot.

2/1/12

I understand that I am undertaking an intensive, guided encounter with my own creativity. I commit myself to the twelve week duration of the course. I commit to weekly reading, daily morning pages, a weekly artist date, and the fulfillment of each week's tasks.

I further understand that this course will raise issues and emotions for me to deal with. I commit myself to excellent self care - adequate sleep, diet, exercise and pampering - for the duration of the course.


Kerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment